He had been with us for 17 years.
He spent his last days with us enjoying scritches, treats, and much love. In his last months he looked like a wolf in a Disney movie – rangy and lupine.
Favorite Arizona moments:
- unhinging his jaws like an articulated python to eat an entire meatloaf
- oh, my heavens – the artisanal cheese, inhaled in a gulp, to the horror of my colleague who provided said cheese
- escape artist extraordinaire
- holding court under the forsythia
- barking, barking, barking
- traveling alongside the triple stroller as we walked to the park
- learning to heel, pretending he cared but doing it because Sam wanted him to
- tolerating the cats
We’ve known for a long time that this was coming. I wrote about him earlier. Still, it has been hard.
Rest well, my friend.