So we come to midsummer – Bergman’s film and Sonheim’s adaptation remind us that there are three “Smiles of a Summer Night” The first smile smiles at the young, who know nothing. The second, at the fools who know too little….And the third.. for the sad, the depressed, the sleepless, the confused, the frightened, the lonely.
I’m going for the second smile, personally.
So grades are filed and I have a bunch of teachers coming here this evening to celebrate the solstice – and tomorrow I begin my list:
- Finalize the MS summer reading list for rising seventh and eighth graders (yes, I’m late)
- 2010-2011 calendar created for my daughters’ Middle School
- Get both student anthologies to the printer
- summer reading for the seminar on Shakespeare in History at Oxford
- reading Lies My Teacher Told Me before Constructing Modern Knowledge in NH
So it looks like InDesign and my reading glasses will be getting a work out.
But I’ll think about that tomorrow.
Image by Vassil Tzvetanov